Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm back!

Sorry for disappearing there for a little while. Billy and I had a very important trip to attend to...

New York City!

(Source)

In less than 20 days, Billy and I will be moving out of Michigan and into a brand new, teeny tiny studio apartment in Queens. Seriously, the size of this apartment is a little ridiculous...but as we told ourselves, it's only for a year. We can handle it for a year.

So while it's definitely exciting to finally have our place in our dream city, I'm excited for the new avenue of wedding planning it opens up for me: registering!

I started my registry on Wishpot a few weeks ago, because I was insanely bored. However, I put a limit on myself for what I could register for, because at that time we weren't sure if we were going to be getting a studio or a one bedroom apartment, and the sort of furniture/linens/etc that we would need would depend on how much room we have.

So as soon as Billy is up and going for the day, we're going to browse around various home-furnishing websites and figure out what sort of colors we should decorate with. It's exciting, but also a little overwhelming. We can only put so many colors in our apartment without overwhelming it...but I like so many colors (that won't necessarily look good together), that I hardly know where to start!

Any suggestions for small-apartment living?

No comments: