Friday, September 12, 2008

Editing those pesky tourists out of honeymoon photos!

While thoughts of my honeymoon are still pretty far off, this came across my blogroll today and I figured it might help somebody!

Remove tourists from travel photos (Wired how-to wiki)

It gives step by step instructions on how to "manually" remove extra people from your photos, and also examples of software programs that will do it automatically.

I'm a little skeptical of it right now - the only example picture is of one person being removed from an image. I highly doubt it would work on a packed scene like the illustration at the top of the page (can you imagine how long you'd have to be snapping pictures to make sure you got a clear shot of everything?!), but it could help tweak your photos a bit.

No comments: